Savor Book Club

Looking for a great book to read? Join the Savor Book club! Read the Book of the Month, share a review, tell us what you are reading and why, plus plenty of other exciting book buzz here.

*JULY* Books of the Month Discussion has 20 message(s) - Updated on February 10, 2015 - Post a message >

• Posted by Savor Community Leader on July 2, 2014 - 7:22pm

Posted by Savor Community Leader

PROFIT FIRST by Mike Michalowicz

You are about to discover the profoundly simple yet shockingly effective accounting plug-in that will transform your business from a cash eating monster into a money making machine. In Profit First, Mike Michalowicz, author of The Pumpkin Plan & The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur, explains why the GAAP accounting method is contrary to human nature, trapping entrepreneurs in the panic-driven cycle of operating check-to-check and reveals why this new method is the easiest and smartest way to ensure your business becomes wildly (and permanently) profitable from your very next deposit forward.

**Savor Premium Member**

THE HUNGRY GHOST: HOW I DITCHED 100 POUNDS AND CAME FULLY ALIVE by Gay Edelman

There is an answer to the emotional, physical and spiritual horrors of food addiction. The Hungry Ghost is based on Gay Norton Edelman's own personal victory over food addiction and obesity. Combining her training as a journalist focusing on psychological and spiritual problems, and her years of mentoring food addicts and compulsive overeaters, Gay spells out the solutions to eating insanity in clear, warm, realistic, no-holds-barred terms. Included: Her 5 step Feed-the-Hunger Plan. It works if you work it!

**Savor Premium Member**

FRIENDSHIPS DON'T JUST HAPPEN by Shasta Nelson

This essential go-to guide reveals how women can enhance their lives by creating valuable friendships in today’s busy, mobile world, from nationally recognized friendship expert and CEO of GirlFriendCircles.com.

Every woman is searching for a happier, healthier, more fulfilling life. Many realize the significant role that an intimate, tightly knit circle of friends plays in creating a more fulfilling life, but with hectic schedules, frequent moves, and life changes, it’s more important than ever for women to establish natural, meaningful friendships that will contribute to their overall wellbeing. 

- - - - - - - -

Please click on book cover above to purchase your copy. If you LOVE the book, don't forget to leave a positive review on Amazon and share with your social circle to show your love for our amazing Savor authors :)

Happy Reading!
    xo

Tagged

Nika Stewart Jennifer Rhodes Lisa-Renee Dumas Gay Edelman Shasta Nelson Angela Jia Kim
  • Partners Advertise here: email us >

6_yLP3DnA15LJ1IbqZ7397_BANNER1164 6_Ij4dxh-H3C9OW01sOGkj_BANNER1118
  • Posted by Gay Edelman on July 3, 2014 - 8:36am

Posted by Gay Edelman

This has come as an amazing, beautiful surprise--I love the constantly evolving nature of what Savor offers! I adored Mike's Pumpkin book and appreciaate the recommendation for this one. 

---------------------------------------

Gay Norton Edelman

Author • Editor * Coach

Writing, editing and coaching for women on a mission!  

Author, The Hungry Ghost: How I Ditched 100 Pounds and Came Fully Alive. 

Red Bank, NJ
    http://www.coachgay.com

gay@coachgay.com

Tagged

Melody Stevens Dana Gionta Teri Goetz Patti Green Savor Community Leader Carolyn Herfurth
  • Posted by Gay Edelman on July 4, 2014 - 10:34am

Posted by Gay Edelman

Another thought: This cafe has HUGE potential to bring another important resource to one another. Let's spread the word--comment and tag your buds and we'll develop this.

I imagine we can even get into discussing books. How about this? I'm happy to be present, say once a week, to come in and answer questions about my book, graciously mentioned here, about my 100 pound weight loss 20 years ago. If you have read the book, or are thinking of it, and would like me to do that, LMK!!! 

---------------------------------------

Gay Norton Edelman

Author • Editor * Coach

Writing, editing and coaching for women on a mission!  

Author, The Hungry Ghost: How I Ditched 100 Pounds and Came Fully Alive. 

Red Bank, NJ
    http://www.coachgay.com

gay@coachgay.com

Tagged

Dr. Sonita Sadio Kim Shanahan Elisha Lowe RN, BSN, MBA Michelle Lange Sarah Walton Karen Auld Holly Isdale Pamela Plick Debi Silber Savor Community Leader Donna Cravotta Payson Cooper Christina Daves Michelle Ghilotti Mandel Jessica Eaves Mathews LizAnn Tepper Carolyn Herfurth Janice Dru Kate Beeders Kristie Kang Maryann Reid Elizabeth Larsen
  • Savor Community Leader posted on July 4, 2014

yes yes yes!! That would be fantastic. Please spread the word and let's blow this book club out of the water!! Gay thank you soooo much for your offer to be present in the cafe. I really want this to be a great place for readers and authors to come together and support each other :) xx

Elisha Lowe RN, BSN, MBA posted on July 4, 2014

Thanks for the offer Gay!

• Posted by Elisha Lowe RN, BSN, MBA on July 4, 2014 - 11:01am

Posted by Elisha Lowe RN, BSN, MBA

This is awesome. I'm reading Profit First now and was just sharing with 2 savor members I met up with in Philly. My goal is to start implementing some of the practices this month. Anyone else reading this? Your thoughts?

Happy Independence Day!

Elisha Lowe, RN BSN MBA
    Managing Director
    Cosmetic Surgery Aftercare Services, LLC
    1 International Plaza, Suite 550 | Philadelphia, PA 19113
    Phone: (877)-526-3454 ext 101| Email: elowe@surgicalaftercare.com
    Learn more at: http://www.surgicalaftercare.com

Tagged

Nika Stewart Jennifer Rhodes Kachelle Kelly Lorraine Milton Marcia Layton Turner Gay Edelman Diane O'Connell Linda DeCarlo Sarah Walton Donna Leyens Savor Community Leader Lisa-Renee Dumas Susan Tabor-Kleiman Lori Petersen
  • Susan Tabor-Kleiman posted on July 4, 2014

Elisha, which practices are you going to do first? I haven't read this yet--curious which you're most drawn to.

Elisha Lowe RN, BSN, MBA posted on July 4, 2014

Taking profits & owners pay 1st before paying expenses. I believe this practice done 2x/month will help me mind my expenses better. Next week I plan to open separate biz accounts to distribute profits & owners pay to 2x/mo. I already set my calendar up for reminders.

Meredith Eisenberg shared the first half of the book in another cafe. Let me know if you want it and I'll send it.

Susan Tabor-Kleiman posted on July 4, 2014

Thanks Elisha!

more comments (7)
  • Posted by Donna Leyens on July 21, 2014 - 9:53am

Posted by Donna Leyens

Hi Ladies,

For some reason, I am receiving everyone's comments in my inbox, but I can't see them in this forum. I don't know why......

But to respond to those who's accountants and bookkeepers on not on board with Profit First, Mike has set up a company called Profit First Professionals, where he trains and certifies accountants and bookkeepers in the Profit First System. They can connect you with a professional who knows Profit First if you're interested. Or you can refer your bookkeeper to them for training. Just contact Ron Saharyan at ron@mikemichalowicz.com.

Good luck!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Donna Leyens

Provendus Group
    Move Forward

Exclusive Licensor of "The Pumpkin Plan Action Guide"

Donna.Leyens@ProvendusGroup.com
    http://www.ProvendusGroup.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ProvendusGroup
    800-975-9440 Ext 703

Tagged

Kim Shanahan Gina Nieves Elisha Lowe RN, BSN, MBA
  • Lori Petersen posted on July 23, 2014

Hi Donna, Perhaps you are seeing the comments that are showing up in the Premium Members Cafe.

I was actually approached by Ron a couple of weeks ago and am considering becoming a PF Professional. I have a call scheduled with Mike later this week. I haven't completely finished the book yet, but I must say that I love the methodology and feel that so many could benefit from implementing the system.

• Posted by Natalie Mitchell on February 10, 2015 - 5:30pm

Posted by Natalie Mitchell

SO happy to have found this book - cannot thank you enough for the recommendation.  After years of putting all the profits straight back into my business, I am now enjoying a growing profit account AND extra money in my personal account.  And amazingly my business is still functioning just fine! 

Tagged

Savor Community Leader
  • Donna Leyens posted on February 11, 2015

Hi Natalie,
    So glad to hear how well the system is working for you! I have also been using it for years (set it up from day 1) and I love seeing the money build in my profit account! I will pass your comments on to Mike Michalowicz - he loves hearing stories like yours. :-)

If you want to post a message to this discussion, you need to login or register >

Please Wait